Business Audit Defense
– Bill M.
Business audits differ. A business audit exposes many more areas of inquiry than a personal audit. This is because business tax returns are much broader than personal returns. Business tax audits include Schedule C businesses, S Corporations and C Corporations. My name is Andrew Gordon of Gordon Law Group and I have defended business tax audits for many years. In that time I have helped hundreds of businesses with their tax cases. Here are some of the important ways my firm can assist you, and the situations where we can help:
- We appear at the audit in your place
- We never allow our clients to speak to the IRS. This preserves the integrity of the defense, keeping unsaid the things that should never be said to an IRS auditor
- We help guard against Shareholder Derivative Suits (suits brought by an existing shareholder on behalf of the company against the officers and directors of the company. The cause of action for this kind of suit is grounded on an alleged breach of fiduciary duty. Because these kinds of suits are becoming increasingly common and they grow more risky, it would be wise to secure expert and competent lawyers such as our firm to handle your defense)
- If an informant has given information to the IRS (think angry ex-spouse or business partner), we obtain their statement and contradict where necessary
- You claim tax shelter investment losses on your tax return. This is a juicy tax audit subject and we help in the defense of your claimed loss
- You have complex investment or business expenses on your tax return. We are highly experienced in the area of transaction law and its tax effects
- You have large amounts of itemized deductions on your tax return that are outside IRS audit parameters. We can insulate these in advance
- You own or work in a business which receives cash in the ordinary course of business
- Your business expenses are high in relation to your business income
- You have rental expenses on your tax return
- A previous IRS audit resulted in a tax deficiency
- You have complex tax transactions without explanations on your tax return
- An IRS auditor wants to come to your place of business and talk to your customers or clients-call us without delay and we’ll step in
- An IRS auditor wants to come to your home and you don’t want them there-call us without delay and we’ll step in
Contact tax audit attorney Andrew Gordon of Gordon Law Group today!
Tax Audit Attorney
So what is your business bottom line? For one, you can relax once you hire us to defend your tax audit. My firm has answers for you and can help you come out of the IRS audit with your money and assets intact.